TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Omnivore Settings
- Check Amazon Australia Settings
- Summary before you click Start Selling
- Articles for Setup
- Overview of other settings
Check Amazon Australia Settings
You now need to set up your shipping, returns policy and notifications in Amazon. Some of these steps will require that you log in to Amazon Seller Central.
Amazon offers two types of Shipping:
- Weight based; charge an amount for shipping based on the weight of the product
- Price bands. Charge an amount for shipping based on the dollar value, for example $10 for purchases under $100 and Free shipping for purchases over $100.
- Go to Settings – Shipping in Amazon to set it up.
- Instructions on how to create/edit or delete shipping in Amazon.
- Get the Shipping name from Amazon e.g. Standard and enter it as the Shipping policy name in Omnivore.
- The cost of shipping is set up on Amazon
- You can also use Product Groups in Omnivore and then assign an Amazon Shipping template.
- Please see our detailed FAQ on Amazon shipping setup.
Choose how you want to manage returns - this is set up in Amazon. You can Allow Amazon to do it or you can do it. NB: To initiate a return or refund a buyer must go through Amazon to do it so as a seller, you provide the return instructions in Amazon.
If you want to closely manage returns, we recommend that you authorise each return request. You will get a notification from Amazon if there is a request.
Otherwise, Amazon will authorise and manage the return on your behalf. Be familiar with Amazon’s policy.
In Amazon, go to Settings - Return Settings to set up.
All Notifications and Reports are assigned to the Amazon primary account holder as a default. You can then edit the email addresses to change where notifications are sent to.
We recommend that you review and make sure you’re happy with where the notifications from Amazon are being sent to the appropriate email address in your business.
Please ensure that under Account Information the language is set to English.
Account Info / Language for feed processing reports
List products to Amazon
To list a product on Amazon first, you need to map your products in Omnivore to Amazon Categories. Note that not all categories are available on Amazon AU yet. Please be aware of the following:
- Your products must have GS1 issued GTINs e.g. UPC, MPN.
- If you manufacture your own products, you can apply for an exemption
- The 'Brand' needs to be the product brand, not your retailer name
- If you want to sell into a restricted category, you need approval. Your listing will be flagged as ‘Incomplete’ if you need to get approval to sell into that category.
- If you have existing listings on Amazon please read this FAQ carefully.
- On the product page in Amazon, go to the Inventory page, a product that has a status ‘Incomplete’ means that you need approval to sell in that particular category. Click ‘Incomplete’
- You will see the product, scroll down you will see that you need approval to list in this category.
- Click “request approval”
- The request approval is different for different products. Follow the application process.
- Depending on what you’re applying for you will likely need documentation – upload as instructed.
- It usually takes 24 to 48 hours for approval.
- You will receive a message from Amazon when approved. Go to Your Case Log from the Amazon Seller Central dashboard.