NB: This content is for Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce and Magento 1 and 2 Retailers. Customers with a custom integration should contact us for a full project plan as additional testing/set up may be required.
Currently Omnivore connects to the Amazon Australia Marketplace only.
Step 1: Get an Amazon Account
Amazon selling plan
Omnivore requires your Amazon account to be a Professional seller plan. The Professional plan costs $49.95 / month (no matter how many items you sell). Amazon also collects a referral fee on each sale , which is a percentage of the total order transaction and varies by product category. For more information on selling fees visit Amazon Pricing Page.
Create an Amazon Account
You can create a new Amazon Seller account with your business email. Before you sign up make sure you are ready with the following;
- Business email address
- Chargeable credit card
- Government ID (identity verification required)
- Tax information
- Phone number
- Bank account where Amazon will send the sale proceeds
Step 2: Add Amazon to your Omnivore account
Download or install the relevant eCommerce App or plugin for your eCommerce platform. For more information refer to solution
Follow the steps in the set up wizard to add in Amazon marketplace.
Step 3: Authorising your Amazon account to Connect to Omnivore
On the store settings page in the initial Amazon setup wizard or if you have missed this step from the left-hand navigation in Omnivore go to Settings-> Amazon Australia. You will be redirected to the 'YOUR AMAZON AUSTRALIA CREDENTIALS' page. From here select the AUTHORISE NOW button.
You will be redirected to Amazon to log in
Once confirmed you will be redirected back to Omnivore.
Step 4: Amazon Marketplace Set up
You now need to set up your shipping, returns policy and notifications in Amazon. Login to Seller Central.
Amazon offers two types of Shipping:
- Weight based; charge an amount for shipping based on the weight of the product
- Price bands. Charge an amount for shipping based on the dollar value for example, $10 for purchases under $100 and Free shipping for purchases over $100.
- Go to Settings – Shipping in Amazon to set it up.
- Instructions on how to create/edit or delete shipping in Amazon.
- Get the Shipping name from Amazon e.g Standard and enter it as the Shipping policy name in Omnivore.
- The cost of shipping is set up in Amazon
- You can also use Product Groups in Omnivore then assign an Amazon Shipping template.
Choose how you want to manage returns - this is set up in Amazon. You can Allow Amazon to do it or you can do it. NB:To initiate a return or refund a buyer must go through Amazon to do it. so as a seller, you provide the return instructions in Amazon.
If you want to closely manage returns, we recommend that you authorise each return request. You will get notification from Amazon if there is a request.
Otherwise, Amazon will authorise and manage the return on your behalf. Be familiar with Amazon’s policy.
In Amazon, go to Settings - Return Settings to set up.
All Notifications and Reports are assigned to the Amazon primary account holder as a default. You can then edit the email addresses to change where notifications are sent to.
We recommend that you review and make sure you’re happy with where the notifications from Amazon are being sent to the appropriate email address in your business.
Please ensure that under Account Information that the language is set to English.
Account Info / Language for feed processing reports
Step 5: List products to Amazon
To list a product on Amazon, first you need to map your products in Omnivore to Amazon Categories. Note that not all categories are available in Amazon AU yet.
Please be aware of the following:
- Your products must have GTINs e.g UPC, MPN etc.
- If you manufacture your own products, you can apply for an exemption
- The 'Brand' needs to be the product brand, not your retailer name
- If you want to sell into a restricted category, you need approval. Your listing will be flagged as ‘Incomplete’ if you need to get approval to sell into that category.
- On the product page in Amazon, go to the Inventory page, a product that has a status ‘Incomplete’ means that you need approval to sell in that particular category. Click ‘Incomplete’
- You will see the product, scroll down you will see that you need approval to list in this category.
- Click “request approval”
- The request approval is different for different products. Follow the application process.
- Depending on what you’re applying for you will likely need documentation – upload as instructed.
- It usually takes 24 to 48 hours for approval.
- You will receive a message from amazon when approved. Go to Your Case Log from the Amazon seller central dashboard.