NOTE:You can create a different price/promotion for the same product/sku for each marketplace however you cannot apply multiple promotions to the same product/sku.
Using this feature will not change the prices on your eCommerce store.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Where to set up a promotion in Omnivore:
- Timing a Promotion:
- Apply a discount
- Set all prices to one fixed price
- Increase the price:
- To apply a promotion to add a cost for free shipping:
- To apply a promotion to all product
- To apply the promotion to specific products
- To apply a promotion to A Single product
- Activating the promotion:
- Review the promotion:
The promotions feature can be used to change the price of your products on a marketplace(s).
- You can increase/decrease the price by a %, a $ amount, or set the price.
- You CAN have a different price for the same product on each marketplace for example, SKU 123 can be $10 on one marketplace and $20 on another.
- You CANNOT apply a multiple price changes to a product for example, SKU 123 can not have a price increase of 10% plus a price increase of $5 dollars.
Where to set up a promotion in Omnivore:
- Navigate to the left-hand menu in Omnivore.
- Select PROMOTIONS / CREATE NEW PROMOTION
Timing a Promotion:
If you want the promotion to start immediately, leave the START DATE empty.
If you want the promotion to apply indefinitely leave the END DATE empty.
Otherwise, enter the dates you want the promotion to be applied. Please note the dates are based on the local time of the marketplace you choose and the promotion will start/end at midnight.
You are also able to set a specific time for the promotion to start. Simply enter the activation time (am/pm) (24hr time) and then it will apply upon the next marketplace upload.
Apply a discount
Discount prices by a fixed % (e.g decrease all prices by 10%)
Discount prices by a fixed $ amount (e.g decrease all prices by $10)
Set all prices to one fixed price
Use the Fixed dollar amount (e.g all products could be set for one price of $15)
Increase the price:
You can also use this to increase the price of your products on eBay - simply put a – (negative) before the number
e.g to add 10% to all prices put -10 in the percentage field.
e.g to add $10 to all prices put -10 in the Dollar discount field.
To apply a promotion to add a cost for free shipping:
You can use this to apply a discount (percentage or $) and also add a cost to cover free shipping into your list price.
eg. decrease prices by 20% and add $8 to cover free shipping.
To apply a promotion to all products
If you want to apply the promotion to all products tick the box for 'APPLY TO ALL PRODUCTS LISTED FOR SALE' under the Products heading in the Promotion
- If your RRP is greater than the Sale Price, you MUST tick "If a product is already on sale would you like to include it in this promotion?" otherwise the promotion price will not be applied.
To apply the promotion to specific products
If you want the promotion to apply to a selected group of products, then you will need to create a PRODUCT GROUP.
Once the product group has been created you simply assign it to the promotion.
Select CREATE PROMOTION to apply the product group.
To apply a promotion to A Single product
You can apply a promotion from the Product Page by clicking the Override Sell Price Link under the price,
This will launch the Create New Promotion Page where you can apply the new price.
Activating the promotion:
Once you have created the promotion, go to ALL PROMOTIONS and click ‘APPLY ACTIVE PROMOTIONS’ – this will push the changes through to the marketplace.
Review the promotion:
To review that the promotion has been applied to the product / s correctly you can navigate to the product page and review the price row or the marketplace details screen on the product page.