TABLE OF CONTENTS
If you're an existing seller on eBay and want to start using Omnivore or eBay Link as your integration tool you can (usually) keep your existing listings on eBay - this means you retain your eBay sales history and anyone 'watching' your listings. This FAQ explains how it works and how to get setup.
We can not guarantee that we are always able to link up with existing listings, you will need to install the app, connect to your eBay store and attempt to link a listing before we will know if it works as some listings are created using different methods on eBay.
How it Works
- Omnivore/eBay Link import products from your ecommerce store, then when Omnivore/eBay Link is connected to eBay, it imports your active listings from eBay.
- The listing from eBay is then matched to a product in Omnivore/eBay Link based on the Product Title. If we can't find a product in Omnivore/eBay Link to match the product to, you can search for one and match it.
- You (the retailer) check the listing in eBay is matched to the correct product in Omnivore/eBay Link then 'LINK' the product.
- Once it is linked, Omnivore/eBay Link connects to eBay and essentially takes 'ownership' of the listing and updates the listing on eBay with the product data in Omnivore/eBay Link. i.e the Product title, description, price, inventory etc from Omnivore overrides the existing product data. NOTE: The eBay listing ID remains the same so the eBay sales history is kept and anyone 'watching' the listing are still 'watching'
- Omnivore also uses the Category from eBay that the product is listed in and adds that Category to the product in Omnivore - this reduces time during set up.
Steps to Get Set Up
Step 1: Connect Omnivore/eBay Link to your eCommerce Store
- Depending on your ecommerce platform we have a variety of extensions/apps/plugins to use. See Install the App for further details.
Step 2: Add/Choose the eBay Marketplace and Set it Up
- The eBay Marketplace must be set up in Omnivore/eBay Link. When you install the app you will be asked to choose a marketplace to connect to, choose eBay Australia
- Complete the Set Up Wizard. You will be asked to authorise Omnivore/eBay Link to access your eBay Account, Set up your Returns, Payment and Shipping Policies and complete your eBay Product Listing Template.
- Once you have finished this, you will be taken to the Dashboard in Omnivore.
Step 3: Link your current eBay Listings to a product in Omnivore/eBay Link
- In Omnivore/eBay Link Go to 'Products - On eBay Australia'. Click to the Tab: Link eBay Listings'.
- You should be able to see the listings we have imported from eBay on the left of the table, and in the right of the table the product in Omnivore/eBay Link that we have matched the eBay listing to.
- You will need to review each listing and decide if you want to keep the listing and link it with the matched product in Omnivore/eBay Link or end the listing.
- To end a listing i.e you don't want that listing on eBay anymore, click 'End Listing on eBay'. To keep a listing and link it with another product click 'Link'
- When you link a listing, Omnivore/eBay Link will then be able to take control of the listing and update it with the product data we have matched it with from Omnivore/eBay Link. This means that the product title, description, price etc that we have in Omnivore/eBay Link will be what is used on eBay for that listing after we have linked with it
Errors & Cautions When Linking
As mentioned, linking and taking over eBay listings is not guaranteed, there are a few cases where it cannot and will not work. This is especially so if existing listings were pushed to eBay using a different integration tool.
One error you may see is this one here: Could not link products automatically. You can try to manually replace the SKU in the Custom Label field in your eBay Seller Hub. If you receive an error message in eBay when you try to change the SKU value, your listings will not be able to be linked and must be ended.
If you do attempt to manually replace the SKU in eBay please proceed with caution or contact our support team for more information.
The PRICE is different on the existing listing to the price in Omnivore/eBay Link
- The price on eBay may be different to what you have in your ecommerce system. When you LINK a product, the listing on eBay will use the price we have in Omnivore/eBay Link that we import from your ecommerce store.
- If you want to change the price of the product in Omnivore/eBay LInk, you can set up a promotion.
Listed on eBay with no match in Omnivore
- Search for a product by typing a minimum of 3 letters in the box
Blocked Products in Omnivore
- If you have blocked a product in Omnivore it means you don't want it to list on eBay. If the product is blocked in Omnivore and you link it with a listing, you will END the existing listing if its linked.
- If you don't want to end the listing and want to link it, go to the All Products tab and unblock it.
- If you have an inactive product in Omnivore/eBay Link it means at some point we have imported the product from your ecommerce store but its no longer available/active e.g it may not have inventory. If the product is inactive in Omnivore/eBay Link and you link it with a listing, you will END the existing listing if its linked.
- If you don't want to end the listing and want to link it, go to the product in your ecommerce platform and add inventory to re-activate it. You will need to do a full sync from your ecommerce store with Omnivore/eBay Link to update the inactive product. Go to the Dashboard and click 'Import from <ecommerce store>.
Next Setup Steps
As you read and understand the process for keeping (or not) your existing listings you can continue with This eBay Setup Checklist.