TABLE OF CONTENTS
This FAQ describes the different ways product and inventory updates are synched between Marketplaces, Omnivore and Maropost
Omnivore triggers an inventory feed and sync from Maropost to Omnivore and the marketplaces every 20 mins.
A full product feed is run daily, by default this is set to run at 11pm Australian Eastern Standard Time each night.
Ways of Syncing
There are two different syncs to keep your Maropost products up to date on a Marketplace.
1. Inventory updates every 20 minutes
- We check for inventory updates in Maropost every 20 minutes. Omnivore will receive the change and then update that product if its listed on a marketplace.
- Depending on which marketplace the product is listed on, Omnivore will update the marketplace every 20 minutes.
2. Nightly Full Product Sync
- As a default setting, Omnivore is set up to perform a complete sync between Maropost and Omnivore and any linked Marketplace(s) once every 24 hours, usually around midnight. This can also be scheduled to occur once a week depending on the number of products you have. We recommend a weekly sync if you have more than 5000 products
- All product details such as images, price, inventory, descriptions, product titles will be updated.
- You can schedule the full product sync to happen more frequently throughout the day by contacting our Support Team and have them assess the status of your feeds against your number of products, marketplaces and volume. We can then tweak the time frames for you if needed.
About Manual Sync(s)
If you ever want to trigger a full sync manually, just go to the Dashboard and click 'Import from Maropost'.
It is also good practice to set up a stock buffer to prevent oversells if you are concerned about inventory update frequency and velocity of sales.