If you are already sell on Kogan, have existing listings and would like to start using Omnivore to better automate selling on Kogan then you will need to consider the following:
- When you first created the product listing on Kogan, it required a 'SKU'. If the 'SKU' in Omnivore and the 'SKU' on the listing on Kogan are the same then Omnivore can usually take over the listing and start updating it with the product data held in Omnivore. Under this scenario, there should not be an impact on your sales.
- If the SKU is different on Kogan to what we have as the SKU in Omnivore, then the listings will need to be ended on Kogan and Omnivore will create a new listing.
- NB: The most common use case where the SKU will be different between Kogan and Omnivore is Shopify and BigCommerce. The 'SKU' in Shopify and BigCommerce is not reliable so Omnivore uses the Shopify and BigCommerce Product ID as the 'SKU' which we send to Kogan.
- Ending listings on Kogan and creating new listings can have a short to medium term effect on your sales particularly if your sales are reliant on general keyword searches or category browsing as the Kogan search algorithm factors recent sales volumes when prioritising search results. You will also lose any product reviews on that particular product listing.
- We DO NOT recommend listing some products manually and some via Omnivore as this will cause problems with orders being sent to your ecommerce platform and we may end products listed on Kogan through our purge processes which are designed to ensure that products that should not be listed are not listed.