TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to set up Kogan Shipping in Omnivore
- Set up your default shipping policy
- Set up other shipping policies (if required)
- Using Product Groups in Omnivore
- Location Based Shipping
- Cart Based Shipping
This article provides an overview of the different options available for shipping charges on Kogan.com.au.
- There are different ways you can determine the shipping charge for a product on Kogan i.e you can offer:
- Free shipping
- A Flat fee per unit
- A variable rate depending on the location you are shipping to
- A variable rate depending on the weight of the product
- A variable rate depending on the price of your product
- A variable rate for a specific group of products defined in Omnivore using Product Groups
- You can only have one shipping charge per product. i.e Standard postage for $5 with 3 days handling time. You cannot have Standard and Express, you can only have one or the other so choose which one is most popular or most competitive
- You must have one shipping policy set up which Omnivore considers 'default' shipping policy if you use Product Groups to have different shipping charges based on weight or price (for example)
How to set up Kogan Shipping in Omnivore
Our Kogan integration requires all Omnivore retailers at a minimum to have a default shipping policy for the integration to work. You can have more than one shipping policy if required.
In Omnivore go to Settings -> Kogan -> Shipping from the left navigation
Set up your default shipping policy
- Shipping type
- Free - use this if you want the products to have free shipping
- Flat per unit - if you just want a set amount for each unit
- Custom shipping table - use this if you plan to do variable rates. You will need to complete the Kogan Shipping Matrix - your Onboarding Manager at Kogan will assist with setting this up.
- Handling days - must be 1 or greater
- Shipping fee - enter the amount you want to charge. Leave blank if you want free shipping.
- Shipping type
Using Product Groups in Omnivore
You can create product groups in Omnivore if you want different groups of products to have different shipping policies. For example, you can use product groups to charge a different shipping charge based on:
- Weight - create a product group using a weight range. e.g products 0 - 1 kg charge $10 for shipping, products 1kg to 3 kg $15 and products 3 kg or more $20.
- Price - create a product group and define the price range. e.g products with a price over $150 could have FREE Shipping.
- Create the product groups in Omnivore by going to 'Products - Product Groups'
- Create the number of product groups you need.
- Go to 'Settings - Kogan - Shipping' and create a shipping policy for each product group. See steps 1 to 4 above.
Location Based Shipping
You will need to complete the Kogan Shipping Matrix - your Onboarding manager at Kogan will assist with setting this up. When you create the shipping policy in Omnivore please select 'Custom shipping table' as per #3.3 above.
Cart Based Shipping
Cart based shipping which is based on total order value and is setup with Kogan itself, not within Omnivore. To set this up we suggest contacting your Account Manager at Kogan or logging a support request with Kogan: -