TABLE OF CONTENTS
In order to comply with the eBay policy on external links in product descriptions, you may need to remove certain links from your product descriptions, before listing them on eBay.
For example, you may need to remove a link to the "Returns Policy" page on your own eCommerce store, from ALL your products descriptions on eBay.
Our system allows you to do this by creating a Description template.
Create a Description template
- To create a description template for your products, use the left hand menu go to Settings - eCommerce Platform Feed - General. For Shopify it would be Settings - WooCommerce Feed - General
- The description template is blank so that the standard product description from your eCommerce store is used for eBay.
- To remove a URL link from every eBay product description that you want to add that URL link to the field that says FIND.
- Click the green plus to add that into the Template Field.
- Repeat for all links or words you wish to remove.
- Once completed, click Update at the bottom on the page.
- The Description template box will then be populated with the correct code syntax to remove the link, as below.
- You will need to complete a full import and upload to ensure the the description in changes are made.
- A description template is applied to ALL your eBay listings.
- If you need to remove multiple pieces of text, create multiple "Find" and "Replace" entries. Use replace if you want to swap out info you are removing for different info.
- Use\ before $ if using a $ sign in your text. For example if you want to remove the link: "<a href="http://www.acmeretailer.com.au/springsale">Special Offer \$20 off for Spring</a>"
Further information on the eBay links policy is available here.