Everything you need to know. Before you can begin selling on ebay.com.au, you'll need to make sure you have the following information available:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- eBay AU Seller Account Details
- Link your PayPal account to your eBay Account
- Shipping, Postage, Returns
- Product and Listing Information
- eBay AU Quick Links
- Other Essential Reading For Setup:
eBay AU Seller Account Details
Automated payment method- you'll need to have an automated payment method (i.e. PayPal or Credit Card) configured for payment of any eBay fees.
Further Info is available here: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method?id=4124
Business policies- please ensure you have the eBay Business Policies feature enabled.
To enable/opt into Business Policies go here: http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com.au/businesspolicy/policyoptin
Note: once you complete the eBay marketplace setup process, you should see 3 business policies created on eBay, named "basic" (postage policy), "PayPal" (payment policy) and "ReturnPolicy" (returns policy). Please do not rename or delete these policies as our platform requires them.
Out of Stock Flag- Your 'Out Of Stock' preference must be set to 'Yes' in eBay so that when products go out of stock, the listing does NOT end. eBayLink and Omnivore rely on this setting to revise listings so if you want listings to end when they hit 0 stock you will need to manually end them in eBay.
To set your Out of Stock flag to 'Yes' go to https://www.ebay.com.au/uas/selling-pref and activate as in the screenshot below
eBay Store Subscription- We strongly recommend that you subscribe to an eBay Store, if you don't you will be charged for each individual listing.
- Subscribe to an eBay Store here http://www.subs.ebay.com.au/stores/select/basic
- For more information see https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/store-packages-pricing
Listing limits- By default, eBay limits any new seller account to listing only a small number of items, and up to a maximum total value.
In order to list more items, and list a higher total value of items, you'll need to request an increase of your selling limits.
More info on how to do so is available here: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107
Link your PayPal account to your eBay Account
If you are not set up to use eBay Managed Payments in eBay, you will need to make sure you have linked your PayPal account to your eBay Account to use our platform.
Go to www.ebay.com.au and click on Sign in in the top left navigation. If you're already signed in, you will see 'G'day Name'. Hover on this and click 'Account Settings'.
Or just click this link to go straight to 'Account Settings'.
Select ‘PayPal Account’ from the left hand navigation menu.
Click the ‘Link My PayPal Account’ button. You'll be asked to log into PayPal to finish linking your accounts.
Click "Return to eBay" (you may be prompted to sign in again.)
Click on the ‘Account’ tab followed by ‘PayPal Account’ on the left navigation.
Click the ‘Become Verified’ button. You will then be asked to log back into PayPal to finish linking your accounts. Once this has been done your PayPal account will be successfully linked to your eBay account.
Paypal business account details
If you are not already set up for eBay Managed Payments you will need to provide the email address for your business PayPal account during marketplace setup.
Don't have a PayPal Business account? You can create one here: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/account-selection
Shipping, Postage, Returns
- Shipping on eBay is limited to what eBay offers. You may have your own shipping integrations set up on your eCommerce site but these are unlikely to work with eBay.
- Omnivore supports eBay Business Policies so you can offer flat rate shipping (Standard and Express), Weight Based shipping with a rate table, regional exclusions, calculated shipping with Australia post.
- NB: Omnivore does NOT support 'Freight' where eBay buyers can request a quote.
- More information on eBay Postage Policies is available here
- Please also read our FAQs on shipping
Product and Listing Information
Product Identifiers - UPC's, GTINs etc
- In the last 12 months eBay has been making Product Identifies such as UPC, MPN, EAN compulsory. If your products do not have these identifiers, they will not list on eBay.
- You will need to have the Product Identifiers in your ecommerce system. We will then import them with your other data to create listings on eBay.
- Please check here for more information about what Product Identifier data is required.
- All listings require an image (min 500x500px), a description, price, product title.
eBay AU Quick Links
|Seller Manager Pro Dashboard||http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMSummary|
|Seller Standards Dashboard||https://sellerstandards.ebay.com.au/dashboard|
|Business Policies (Postage, Payment and Returns settings)||http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com.au/businesspolicy/manage|
|Smart FAQ’s (Ask a Question FAQs)||http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageSellerFAQ|