If you only wish to offer free shipping on certain products, you need to first create a “product group” in order for us to know which products are to have free shipping.
A product group is a group of products identified by one of the following criteria:
- By price
- By weight
- By category
- By brand
- By SKU
As an example, let’s say you wanted to offer free shipping on ALL products from a specific category “T-Shirts”.
- From the left-hand menu select “Inventory→ Product Groups”.
- Click the “Add a product group” button.
- Enter a name for the product group (e.g. “Free Shipping for T-shirts”), and the ID for the “T-Shirts” category (How to find a category ID?), then click “Create product group”.
- Next, from the left-hand menu select “Settings → Configuration”.
- Click on the “eBay Australia Shipping Options” tab to expand it.
- Click the “Add new shipping policy” button.
- Enter a name for the new shipping policy (e.g. “Free Shipping for T-Shirts”), select the product group you just created, and enter a standard shipping fee of 0.00. Once complete hit the “Update” button.
- To upload this new shipping policy to eBay click the “Synch policies” button.
- Finally to apply the changes to your eBay listings, go back to the Dashboard and click the “Synch” button.