TABLE OF CONTENTS
By default Coles Best Buys make products available to buyers in all post codes. If you want to apply a limitation and only make your products available to buyers in some postcodes you can use Shipping Zones in Omnivore to send a list of postcodes to Coles.
Please read carefully there are some finer points to note to ensure success.
This communications from Coles Best Best has all of the necessary pre-reading to best comprehend Shipping Zones with Coles.
- In Omnivore the Settings - Administration - Advanced - Use Shipping Zones box will be enabled by default when the Coles Best Buys Marketplace is added to your account. Therefore this means you will see the Shipping Zones Menu under Settings. Below is an FYI screen capture only, no steps required here.
- Next, make sure you have an attribute in Omnivore (using your preferred method) called shipping_zone. Also make sure to check that the attribute is visible by checking a product page in Omnivore.
- Our example shows: shipping_zone: Test shipping zone. Yours might say shipping_zone: Brisbane Metro. This step must be complete before you continue. You will need the name that follows the colon ( : ) to create your shipping zone in Omnivore. (i.e our example is Test shipping zone).
- Next navigate to the Shipping Zones option under the Settings Menu in Omnivore.
- Click 'Add a shipping zone'.
- Give the Shipping Zone a name, this part is important as it must match the value of the attribute you have created, our example is this: Test shipping zone. Yours might be Brisbane Metro.
- Add your postcodes using comma separated format, click Create shipping zone. In the sample below the format will be 2002,2003,3001,3902,4200.
- Click Update.
- The postcodes you add here will be sent to Coles and only buyers browsing or shopping from those postcodes will be able to purchase your items.
- Navigate to a product page to check under the 'Coles Best Buys Product View - Attribute' section where it will show the shipping zone attribute. This attribute with the postcode data will now be sent to Coles.
- Push an Upload to Coles to force the change.
Editing & Deleting the Shipping Zone
NOTE: You can edit the Shipping Zone Action in Omnivore by adding or removing postcodes at anytime. Just do not edit the Shipping Zone Name unless you edit the Attribute Value as they must match exactly. You will need to push an Upload to Coles after making any changes.