TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adding Amazon Marketplace Attributes directly in Omnivore
- Adding Amazon Marketplace Attributes in Omnivore via CSV upload
- Adding Amazon Marketplace Attributes from your Ecommerce Platform
- Commonly used / required Amazon Marketplace Attributes
Amazon will sometimes require additional information for your to be able to list your products. In addition you may want to add additional optional information such as Bullet Points to your Amazon listings. This additional information whether required or optional can be added via Marketplace Attributes.
Amazon marketplace attributes can be added 3 different ways:
- Directly in Omnivore
- Via CSV Upload in Omnivore
- Using custom attribute data from your website
Adding Amazon Marketplace Attributes directly in Omnivore
Login to Omnivore and go to 'Products - On Amazon' then navigate to the 'Marketplace Attributes' tab
Add the data in the fields available.
After you have made any changes to the Marketplace Attributes table that you want synced with Amazon, go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Amazon'.
If the attributes that you want to enter are not available on the Marketplace Attributes screen you will need to add them using either csv upload or add them to your ecommerce platform.
Adding Marketplace Attributes in Omnivore via CSV upload
To add Amazon Marketplace attributes via a csv file go to Products - On Amazon Australia and click on the 'Marketplace Attributes' tab.
Click on 'Export manually added attributes to CSV'
This will generate a CSV file for you of all of your products and any attributes already entered. You can edit this file to add any new attributes and to add/change values of existing attributes.
After making changes to your CSV file make sure you remove the first two columns which will have the headings 'DELETE FROM IMPORT'. Also ensure that your productSku formatting is correct.
To upload your new csv file click on the 'Import attributes manually from CSV' button on the Marketplace Attributes screen.
Select the file you are wanting to upload and then click the upload button.
Adding Marketplace Attributes from your Ecommerce Platform
You will need to add the product attributes to your eCommerce store then Omnivore will import them. The names of the attributes you create on your eCommerce store must match exactly to the Amazon attribute names for this to work.
WooCommerce - set up with data mapping from WooCommerce
BigCommerce - use the Custom Fields in BigCommerce
Magento - set up with data mapping from Magento
Commonly used / required Amazon Marketplace Attributes
All products listed in the Toys & Games category must have a ManufacturerMinimumAge attribute value. This value is entered in years.
IsExpirationDatedProduct and ShelfLife
Products in the Pantry Food and Drinks category may require both the IsExpirationDatedProduct and ShelfLife attributes to be entered.
The accepted values for 'IsExpirationDatedProduct' is 'yes' or 'no'.
'ShelfLife' accepts values in the format '1 day', '3 months'. A value is required for ShelfLife in the Pantry Food and Drinks category even if IsExpirationDatedProduct is set to 'no'.
Bullet points are a section on the Amazon listing that enables you to add up to 5 bullet points of text; for example:
As most ecommerce platforms don't have anywhere to store bullet point content, you can add bullet points in Omnivore and we add it to your Amazon listings.
Adding Bullet Points manually
- In Omnivore, in the left navigation menu go to 'Products - On Amazon' then navigate to the 'Marketplace Attributes' tab
- In the product table, you will see columns headed bulletPoint1, bulletPoint2 etc up to bulletPoint5. Click into the field 'add text' to enter text. This text will be what appears for each bullet point on amazon.
- There is also a field called bulletPoints - you can enter the text for all 5 bullet points in this one field if you separate each bullet point content with a | for example: Red trim|Black leather would show on Amazon as two bullet points:
- Red trim
- Black leather
Adding Bullet Points via CSV
- You can import text via CSV instead of entering text manually for each bullet point on each product. Click 'Import from CSV'. To create your CSV, just make sure your columns are labelled SKU, bulletPoint1, bulletPoint2 etc
- When you have finished adding text, go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Amazon'