Please note: This feature is for advanced users only - if you wish to use it please send us a request to get access.
Table of Contents
- If you have a retailer category that does not align well with a single marketplace category you can filter the products within that retailer category by keyword to create a rule. For example;
- The retailer category Tees, Knits and Polos may contain t shirts, sweaters and polo shirts so you can't assign a marketplace category to this retailer category otherwise you may end up with sweaters listing in the t shirt category
- If you filter the retailer category by 'Sweater' then choose the marketplace category Clothing, Shoes, Accessories > Men's Clothing > Jumpers then all products with Sweater in the title will list under Jumpers. If you filter by Polo then all products with Polo can be assigned to the marketplace category Clothing, Shoes, Accessories > Men's Clothing > Shirts > Polos
- Filtering by keyword and assigning categories will then create a rule. In the above example, any time you add a product with keyword 'Polo' in the title it will automatically be assigned to the marketplace category Clothing, Shoes, Accessories > Men's Clothing > Shirts > Polos and list.
How to assign categories filtering by Keyword
- Make sure you opt in to see this feature - send us a request to get access.
- From the Dashboard under the Products not listed section, click 'Choose Category'
- Your retailer categories will be listed in the table. For the retailer category you want to assign categories to, click 'Choose category'
- Enter a keyword e.g Tee and click 'Filter'
- Check that the relevant products have a check box, then choose a marketplace category on the right hand side, either search or use the category tree and click 'Save Category'
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have chosen a category for all products