TABLE OF CONTENTS
As mentioned, Australia Post Calculated Postage on eBay requires the package weight and dimensions of a product to correctly calculate the postage cost for an item.
Please check that all products have weight and dimensions in our platform e.g. on the product details page you should see the following:
Note For Shopify Sellers
Setup your eBay Seller Area
- Log into your eBay seller account in eBay.
- Go to Manage Postage settings at https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf where you will see this screen
- Click on the Edit link aginst Combined payments (number 1 in the screenshot above). A popup window will open. Tick to enable this option, set the time period that buyers can combine payments over and Save.
- Now click on the Edit link against Calculated Postage Rule (number 2 in the screenshot above). A popup window will open. Choose either No discount, Combine all item weights or Combine all item weights and subtract an amount then click Next.
- On the next screen select your handling cost rule.
Note: Option 1, Specify a handling cost when listing your item cannot be used with eBayLink / Omnivore.
- Enter the amount you wish to charge as a handling cost. If you do not wish to add a handling charge then enter 0.00.
- Click Save.
- You will now need to apply your calculated postage rule to the relevant shipping policy in eBay.
- Go to your eBay Business Policies page https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com.au/businesspolicy/manage?&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK.
Click Edit against the postage policy that you would like to apply your Calculated postage rule to.
- Go to the Domestic Postage section, click on the dropdown box and select Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location from the dropdown box.
Now select the Australia Post service that you wish to use - standard, express, parcel post, satchel, box etc. If you wish to offer the buyer multiple options, say standard and express, then click on Offer additional service and add the next service you want to offer.
Tick the box against the Apply my calculated postage rule option.
Enter your handling time.
- Repeat for each postage policy you would like to apply calculated postage to.
Setup in Omnivore
- Time to log in to Omnivore and select Settings - eBay Australia - Shipping.
- Edit each corresponding Shipping Policy based on what you set up on eBay.
- Select the option to enable calculated shipping to Yes.
- Leave enable complex shipping to No (this is used for rate tables)
- Use the right-hand contextual help ? to check for extra info.
- Click Update.