Omnivore has chosen to focus on providing our Customers with an easy way to set up and run FREE and PAID Google Shopping listings and ads as these are the most relevant Google products for Retailers selling online.
With Omnivore you can:
- Create free product listings on the Google Shopping Tab
- Create and manage PAID Google Smart Shopping campaigns
If you're not sure what the difference is see our article: Free Google shopping product listings vs paid Google Shopping ads
Free Listings on the Google Shopping Tab
Google have made it free for Retailers to list their products on the Shopping tab. The Shopping tab, found at the top of Google Search, is a page dedicated to helping Shoppers search and filter results for the products they’re looking for
Free Listings appear under this carousel, and flow down the page as shoppers scroll and browse.
- To create free listings on the Google Shopping tab, you will need an Omnivore Product Feed and a Google Merchant Center account. You can create both of these in Omnivore.
- Log into Omnivore and add the 'Google' marketplace from your Dashboard or during the set up wizard.
Paid Shopping Ads
Paid Shopping ads appear on top of the free Google Shopping listings and have a higher chance of being seen by people with a high level of purchase intent. Paid Shopping ads are a visually rich format that show users a photo of your product, plus a title, price, store name, and more. Shopping ads provide;
- Better qualified leads - Shopping ads give shoppers detailed information about your products (including product description, price, image etc.) before they even click on your ad. This helps potential customers make informed purchase decisions - meaning they’re more likely to complete a purchase on your site. Like text ads, you’re only charged when the user clicks on your ad
- Broader presence - More than one of your Shopping ads can appear for a given user search and, if relevant, a Shopping ad and a text ad can also appear at the same time. This means your reach with shoppers for a single search could double.
Google Smart Shopping Campaigns
A 'Smart Shopping' campaign is just a way to create a campaign with Shopping ads where Google takes care of the bidding for you. You have control over how much you want to spend and what your desired return is and Google will do the rest.
With Smart Shopping campaigns, you gain access to inventory across other Google surfaces such as YouTube, Gmail and the Google Display Network. When compared to Standard Shopping campaigns (including those using other types of automated bidding), Smart Shopping campaigns deliver 20% more conversion value for every dollar spent (Google Data, Feb - May 2018. Based on A/B traffic split for 50 advertisers with Smart Shopping campaigns spend > $4k and comparable spend is within 50% )
More about Smart Shopping Campaigns
- The first step is to get set up for the Free Google Shopping listings - see above.
- Once you have Free listings up, all you need to do is create a Google Ads account, add some tracking tags and create a campaign.
- You can do all of this from the Google Dashboard in Omnivore.