You can now get your products listed on Google Shopping to increase traffic and sales on your ecommerce store using Omnivore.
With Omnivore you can:
- Create free product listings on the Google Shopping Tab - all ecommerce retailers should have this, its free to set up with Omnivore and free on Google.
- Create and manage PAID Google Smart Shopping campaigns - get your products prioritised above the free listings in Google so that they are infront of people actually searching for your products.
If you're not sure what the difference is see our article: Free Google shopping product listings vs paid Google Shopping ads
Good reasons to use Omnivore for Google Shopping
- Easy set up - everything you need to create and monitor Google Smart Shopping Campaigns via Omnivore
- Dedicated support and campaign Monitoring - to help you get set up and running for the three months (valued at $500/month)
- Get better search results by optimising your product feed for Google; edit product titles, descriptions, add search terms
- Don't get penalised with disapproved items - just block them until you can fix them. You have full control over which products are submitted to Google in your product feed using Omnivore block and keyword exclusions; block by keyword, brand, category etc. Block single products.
- Don't spend money on promoting out of stock products - Omnivore updates your products on Google as products change throughout the day e.g if a product is out of stock in your ecommerce platform Omnivore will update the product in google so that its removed from campaigns
- Allocate advertising spend based on your business goals - create campaigns based on ‘Product Groups’ e.g create different campaigns for high vs low margin products or create campaigns for new product launches.
See all your channels in one place - access Google Shopping from Omnivore along with all your other marketplace channels
Free Listings on the Google Shopping Tab
Google have made it free for Retailers to list their products on the Shopping tab. The Shopping tab, found at the top of Google Search, is a page dedicated to helping Shoppers search and filter results for the products they’re looking for
Free Listings appear under this carousel, and flow down the page as shoppers scroll and browse.
Paid Shopping Ads
Paid Shopping ads appear on top of the free Google Shopping listings and have a higher chance of being seen by people with a high level of purchase intent. Paid Shopping ads are a visually rich format that show users a photo of your product, plus a title, price, store name, and more. Shopping ads provide;
- Better qualified leads - Shopping ads give shoppers detailed information about your products (including product description, price, image etc.) before they even click on your ad. This helps potential customers make informed purchase decisions - meaning they’re more likely to complete a purchase on your site. Like text ads, you’re only charged when the user clicks on your ad
- Broader presence - More than one of your Shopping ads can appear for a given user search and, if relevant, a Shopping ad and a text ad can also appear at the same time. This means your reach with shoppers for a single search could double.
Google Smart Shopping Campaigns
A 'Smart Shopping' campaign is just a way to create a campaign with Shopping ads where Google takes care of the bidding for you. You have control over how much you want to spend and what your desired return is and Google will do the rest.
With Smart Shopping campaigns, you gain access to inventory across other Google surfaces such as YouTube, Gmail and the Google Display Network. When compared to Standard Shopping campaigns (including those using other types of automated bidding), Smart Shopping campaigns deliver 20% more conversion value for every dollar spent (Google Data, Feb - May 2018. Based on A/B traffic split for 50 advertisers with Smart Shopping campaigns spend > $4k and comparable spend is within 50% )
More about Smart Shopping Campaigns
- The first step is to get set up for the Free Google Shopping listings - contact us to set this up.
- Once you have Free listings up, all you need to do is create a Google Ads account, add some tracking tags and create a campaign.
- You can do all of this from the Google Dashboard in Omnivore.