TABLE OF CONTENTS
- General Guidelines
- Things to consider when managing the CSV file
- How to Add/Remove/Zero out/Update Products
The CSV file can contain any number of columns and lines to support your data and marketplace requirements.
Here are example CSV files:
- Example CSV File for Simple Products - if ALL your products are simple products i.e there is no choice between them like a TV or Book use this file.
- Example CSV File for Multi Variant Products - if you have ANY product(s) that have variations e.g the same product comes in different colours, sizes such as a pair of jeans or a cushion then ALWAYS use this file. You can use this file for Simple or Multi Variant Products.
Number of Columns - You can have any number of columns, the examples provided are the minimum requirements. For example, you may only have 3 images for some products and 10 for others so your CSV file will require 10 columns for Image 1, Image 2, Image 3 etc. If there is no data for a product then you would leave that field blank in the CSV.
Naming the Columns - You can name the columns any way you like for set up. When you upload the file into Omnivore you choose which column corresponds to each data field in Omnivore so you just need to know what each column is in your spreadsheet to do this. DO NOT change the name of columns though once you have uploaded and mapped columns from the CSV into Omnivore.
Marketplace Data Requirements - Each marketplace is different so you should be aware of the different data requirements for where you are wanting to sell - if there is no Column in the example CSV for a particular data requirement you can add an extra column. For example, eBay may require the 'Fabric' that a clothing item is made from so add a column and call it 'Fabric' and just add the product data if relevant to the product.
Things to consider when managing the CSV file
- Once you have created your CSV with the number of columns and column titles, you need to stick to this if you ever upload the CSV file again, e.g if you want to add more products. If you change any of this the upload will fail and you will need to re-map the data fields and change the number of columns that we are expecting.
- If a column name changes or the number of columns changes this will cause unpredictable errors and needs remapping.
- Be aware that when you remap the current config is lost. We would suggest taking a screenshot so that you can easily replace the unchanged mappings as they were, then apply any new changes.
How to Add/Remove/Zero out/Update Products
The CSV file you have is not designed to do delta incremental updates, you need to continue using the full file with each product.
- To ADD new products - upload the existing full file that includes your new products
- To SET INVENTORY = 0 on products - upload the existing full file with 0 as inventory on each product
- To UPDATE products - upload the existing full file with the updates/changes to the products
As a general rule, you always have to upload the full file with any changes you want to make.