If you are an existing Omnivore user (ie you already have an Omnivore account) or you would like to get started now, please contact us to set you up for Omnivore v2 APi access.
Once you have your credentials, you can start uploading products. Here's a step by step guide to getting your first products into Omnivore.
You will need:
- API endpoint URL
- API client ID
- API client secret
We have a set of example calls with mock product and inventory information in a Postman collection. You will need to download Postman to run the example calls (Postman is here: https://www.postman.com/downloads/)
- Open Postman and load the example collection. In Postman you will see the Omnivore V2 API example requests in the lefthand navigation
- Click on Upload Products and under the Headers tab, add your API client ID and secret into the header data. You will need to update each example request to use your client details before it will work for you.
- At the top of the page, edit the API endpoint URL to the one given to you. You will need to update this URL in each example request before it will work for you.
- Hit Save
- Inspect the example product data you are about to upload. Feel free to customise the data as required!
- Hit Send. You should see a response status of 200 OK and the result payload showing the number of products uploaded, the number of errors, etc.
- Log into Omnivore and check that the products have uploaded as you expected.
Once you're happy with product uploading, check out the inventory updating and also product download endpoints.