Once you have connected your eCommerce store to Omnivore, you will need to set up the marketplace(s) you would like to sell in.
You will go straight into the set up process.
To sell on eBay.com.au, you need to have the following to hand:
- An eBay Seller Account (you'll need to provide the eBay User ID and password for this.)
- A verified PayPal Business/Premium account (you'll need to provide the email address for this account.)
Follow the set up flow through setting up your store setting, setting up your product listing template and shipping.
Note: There are a number of things to consider before selling on eBay, here is a checklist of things you should think about before starting:
- All listings require an image (min 500x500px), a description, price, product title.
- Shipping on eBay is limited to what eBay offers. You may have your own shipping integrations set up on your eCommerce site but these are unlikely to work with eBay.
- Omnivore supports eBay Business Policies so you can offer flat rate shipping (Standard and Express), Weight Based shipping with a rate table, regional exclusions, calculated shipping with Australia post.
- NB: Omnivore does NOT support 'Freight' where eBay buyers can request a quote.
- More information on eBay Postage Policies is available here
- Please also read our FAQs on shipping
Product Identifiers - UPC's, GTINs etc
- In the last 12 months eBay has been making Product Identifies such as UPC, MPN, EAN compulsory. If your products do not have these identifiers, they will not list on eBay.
- You will need to have the Product Identifiers in your ecommerce system. We will then import them with your other data to create listings on eBay.
- Please check here for more information about what Product Identifier data is required.