Adding additional text to the description of the product.
Here is how to add additional content to the product description of every listing on Trade Me:
- Go to 'Settings - Trade Me - General' then scroll down to the field 'Description template'
- Enter $detailed_description (this includes your standard product description data) then start a new line by hitting enter twice then the text you want to appear e.g This item is sold by <Insert your store name>, an offshore business located in <your location>, and may incur NZ customs duty or tax. Find out more at http://trade.me/whatsmyduty
- Click 'Update'
- Go to the 'Dashboard' and click 'Upload to Trade Me' to update your listings.
If you are a seller based in a country other than NZ, you need to add the following information to each listing:
- This item is sold by <your store name>, an offshore business located in <your location>, and may incur NZ customs duty or tax. Find out more at http://trade.me/whatsmyduty - especially if you are an overseas retailer selling into NZ.
- Estimated delivery time frame is 6-10 working days. Add the estimated delivery time frame so that the buyer knows when it will arrive.
NOTE: There is a character limit on product descriptions so if your description is longer than 2000 characters the description will be automatically truncated so the product lists. If your descriptions are being truncated, please add the disclaimer about offshore products first then enter $detailed_description to insert your product description.
Removing or Changing Text from Product Descriptions
To remove a sentence which may not be relevant to selling on Trade Me e.g Next Day Delivery add -##Next Day Delivery##- to the description template. This will remove 'Next Day Delivery' from all Product Descriptions.
To replace/add keywords use -## | ##-. For example, to replace "Next Day Delivery" with "Ships in 5 days" add the following to the description template: -##Next Day Delivery|Ships in 5 days##- (note the | to split the two):