TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Update existing shipping to the new shipping templates
- Shipping on additional products (Combined Shipping)
- How to use each shipping option
- Relevant Links
Trade Me has recently released new shipping templates in 2022- this means that ALL existing shipping policies in Omnivore will need to be updated to the new polices. This FAQ walks you through how to do this.
- In Omnivore, go to 'Settings - Trade Me - Shipping'
- You will see each existing policy in the table
- Click 'edit'
- You will need to add additional information to each template (see explanation below for each option) i.e
- Shipping type - International sellers should use 'OTHER'. Choose a time frame that supports how long it will take to deliver. The delivery timeframe presented to Buyers on Trade Me is the shipping type + the handling time.
- Shipping region
- Handling time - Enter your handling time, or use this field to adjust the delivery timeframe seen by your buyers.
- Order cut off time (based on NZT and in HH:MM format
- Add-on fee (if applicable) - Use this to add additional charges if you select the 'with Signature' courier service option.
- Click 'Update'
- Once all shipping templates are updated, Omnivore will update your listings on Trade Me
Shipping on additional products (Combined Shipping)
|Shipping template name
|This is not seen by buyers
|Use product group
|Create multiple product groups if you need different shipping for different types of products e.g define a group by weight or destination
|Shipping on additional items
|Select yes if you want to charge shipping for each additional item of a product
|Local pick up option
|select this if the product can be picked up. See also Local pick up
|How much you want to charge the customer for shipping; set to $0 if you want it to be free
|Select the carrier you’re using. Note that the carrier name doesn’t currently display to buyers. if the carrier you prefer isn't listed, or you use multiple carriers, you can use the OTHER option and select the product that best matches your delivery times.
|Select the shipping destination.
Destinations are based on a location tree/hierarchy. Buyers will see the shipping rates relevant to their location when they search - it is a good idea to have one nationwide option so that as many buyers as possible can see your shipping estimates in search.
|Select your handling time in business days. This is the amount of time it takes from the customer order to you giving the package to your carrier, in business days.
Note that your handling time is added to the shipping option days to give the customer an estimate of the total number of days the item will take to arrive after purchase.
|Order cut off
|Let customers know when an order needs to be placed for processing to begin on the same day.
|If you select the With the Signature option under Shipping type, the customer will see two shipping options on the listing – the price without signature and the price with signature, and they will be able to choose between the two.
Add any additional charges here if you want to charge for this option.