TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Google documentation:
- Our documentation for specific eCommerce platforms:
Verify and claim your website:
You can verify a URL with Google using these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Merchant Centre account at https://merchants.google.com/
- From the navigation menu, click the tools icon to the right in the top navigation bar
- Select Business information under “Tools.”
- Click the Website tab.
- Enter the URL for your online store, starting with https://
- Click Save.
Verify your site ownership:
Our documentation for specific eCommerce platforms:
Some Shopify user may experience a failed verification if that is the case check the following to see if it is relevant.
Shopify users may encounter failed verification if their Store URL on the Settings > Administration > General page is using the Shopify URL. For example, this URL fails verification:
But if you put that in your browser, it will redirect to the retailers domain:
If you insert the domain name as the store URL then attempt to verify, it will work.