TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How To Create a product group
- Check your product group
- SKUs & Product Group Rules
- Note for Shopify and Bigcommerce Users
In this FAQ you'll learn how to create a product group in Omnivore.
How To Create a product group
- From the left hand menu click 'Products - Product Group'
- Click 'Add a product group'
- Name the Product Group to something relevant e.g Products over $100 or Weight over 5 kg. Or use the same name as the Shipping Policy or Promotion you want to use it for.
- Now define the products in the group.
- Price - add a min or max price
- Weight - e.g if you want products over 5kg and your product weights are recorded in kg (rather than grams) put 5 in the Minimum Weight field. For a range, e.g 2-5 kg, put 2 in the min and 5 in the Max field.
- SKU - only put SKU's in here if you want to specify the SKUs for the group, otherwise just use the criteria available. See Notes on SKU below to make sure you're using the correct data field.
- Marketplace - choose which marketplace you want this Product Group to apply to - all or just one. You will need this selected if you plan to use Marketplace Categories for the Product Group
- Category - this includes your Retailer Categories on your eCommerce site and also the Category they are mapped to on the marketplace chosen e.g eBay or Catch. Just start typing and the categories will display. You can choose multiple categories.
- Brand - start typing and brands will begin to pre-populate. You can choose more than one Brand.
- Only enter SKUs if you have a specific group of SKUs that you want in the product group.
- To create a Product Group using Marketplace Categories e.g the Category your products are mapped to on eBay or Catch, make sure you have selected one of the Marketplace Names in the Marketplaces drop down. Then just start typing. If a Marketplace name is not selected and it says ALL it will show you your store categories.
Check your product group
- To confirm a product has been added to a product group, search for the product in the product table and click through to the page with the full product details.
- Scroll down on the Product Page to Marketplace Product View - see example below.
- You will be able to now see the Product Groups.
SKUs & Product Group Rules
- When you create the product group, the SKU you need to use is the data field that we call SKU in our system.
- To find out the SKU, go to the Products search page - the highlighted number is the SKU in our system. See below.
- You can easily get a list of these numbers by exporting them to CSV - search or filter for the product(s) you need and click 'Export to CSV' on the right hand side of the product search table.
- If you use multiple criteria conditions that start with AND to define your Product Group it means the group will only include SKUs that meet all of the criteria conditions you’ve set e.g. You supply a minimum weight of 1kg and a maximum weight of 5kg AND you supply a retailer category of Pet Products; for a SKU to be included it must have a weight between 1 and 5kg AND be in your Pet Products retailer category. If any SKU has a weight between 1 and 5kg but is not in your Pet Products category it will not be included in the group.
Note for Shopify and Bigcommerce Users
The actual field in Shopify and Bigcommerce called SKU is not a mandatory field nor a required field, for this reason some retailers do not populate the SKU field. Our App must have a SKU as part of the Marketplace listing requirements and because we cannot rely on these platforms providing that data via the SKU field we use the Product ID to create a SKU in Omnivore. This Omnivore SKU cannot be edited and it must be used when creating product groups and promotions etc.