There are a number of things to consider before selling on eBay, here is a checklist of things you should think about before starting:
- All listings require an image (min 500x500px), a description, price, product title.
- Shipping on eBay is limited to what eBay offers. You may have your own shipping integrations set up on your eCommerce site but these are unlikely to work with eBay.
- Omnivore supports eBay Business Policies so you can offer flat rate shipping (Standard and Express), Weight Based shipping with a rate table, regional exclusions, calculated shipping with Australia post.
- NB: Omnivore does NOT support 'Freight' where eBay buyers can request a quote.
- More information on eBay Postage Policies is available here
- Please also read our FAQs on shipping
Product Identifiers - UPC's, GTINs etc
- In the last 12 months eBay has been making Product Identifies such as UPC, MPN, EAN compulsory. If your products do not have these identifiers, they will not list on eBay.
- You will need to have the Product Identifiers in your ecommerce system. We will then import them with your other data to create listings on eBay.
- Please check here for more information about what Product Identifier data is required.