TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before You Start
- Please ensure that ALL of your products have a product weight value entered in your existing system.
- Please read this FAQ on eBay Shipping Types
- Please read this FAQ on how we use Product Weight
Setup in your eBay Seller Account
- To set up shipping costs which are calculated using the item weight you need to set up a Weight based domestic postage rate table on eBay.
- Using a Weight based eBay domestic postage rate table you can specify a flat rate cost, plus a cost per KG, to ship an item to 100 different regions across Australia.
- Postage rate tables provide even more accurate postage charges to buyers.
- For more information, and the most up-to-date FAQ’s on eBay's postage rate tables please see here.
To set up a Weight based domestic postage rate table:
- Log into your eBay seller account.
- Go to Manage Postage Settings at https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf where you will see this screen.
- Click on the Edit link against Use postage rate tables. A pop up window will open.
- Choose a name for your rate table. (e.g Domestic Postage Rate Table), and choose to set postage rates by Weight.
- For each postage service you intend to offer (Expedited and/or Standard), choose your regions, the service you'll be using, the fixed basic cost, and then the additional cost per kg you want to charge.
- To finish click the blue ‘Save’ button to save your rate table.
- Now you need to link the Rate Table you created to the eBay Postage Policy.
- To do this you need to go back into the Business Policy and edit the postage policy that you want the rate table to apply to. Our image below shows 'basic' but it can be any policy you want to use.
- Tick the 'apply domestic postage rate table' and select the rate table you want to apply. Then click Save.
- To offer free postage to certain regions, just set the value in your table to $0. If you leave a field blank, eBay will calculate the rate based on your specified flat postage cost.
- The first weight break is set to 1kg, even if the actual weight of your item is lower.
Next Steps - Setup in eBay Link / Omnivore
Now that you have set up your postage rate table you need to apply it to your listings. Launch eBay LINK or Omnivore to complete the next steps and follow the points below.
- From the left-hand menu select Settings - eBay Australia - Shipping.
- Select the edit icon next to the shipping policy that you would like to apply your rate table to. In thescreenshot below we are using the "basic" policy.
- Select the option to Enable Complex Shipping and click Update.
- To apply this change to your products on eBay click the Synch policies button.