Categories are the “aisles” or “shelves” that allow you to organise and display your listings to buyers
Before starting please note:
This process will require some up-front effort to categorise your products.
Be sure to re-check the “Other” category on a regular basis for new products, as they will default to this, until being assigned a Custom Store Category.
1. Set Up your Custom Store Categories
Login and click on “My eBay” at the top right of the page.
Hover over the “Account” tab and click “Manage My Store”.
Click the “Store Categories” link on the left side of the page.
Click the Add Category button at the level where you’d like to add a category.
Enter your category name(s) and click the “Save” button.
- To add sub-categories below your top level categories, just click on the category name and then click the “Add Category” button.
- You can create a maximum of 300 custom store categories.
2. Assign Custom Store Categories to your products
The fastest way to do this is as follows:
- Click on “My eBay” in the top right.
- Click on “Active” under Selling Manager Pro in the left-hand nav.
- Click on the “Search” tab, then select “Other” from the “Store category” drop-down, and click the “Search” button.
- Tick all products which belong in the same “Custom Store Category” (e.g. “Parts”) and click “Edit Selected”.
- Click the select all tick box, and then select “Categories” from the “Edit” drop down box.
- From the “Store Category” drop down choose “Change To” and then select the appropriate store category. Click “Save and close”.
- Finally click “Submit all” and then the “Confirm and submit” button.
Repeat this process for each of your store categories, until there are no products left assigned to the “Other” store category.