Quarantined orders are orders that at the time of importing, have not had payment confirmed.
There a three main reasons for this:
- Payment has not been completed or confirmed via Paypal or is "on hold"
- eBay has placed a hold on the order.
- The business policy setting "Requires Immediate Payment" has been modified or not ticked.
To make sure that all orders can be accounted for, ALL orders will be imported into our system.
Quarantined orders will be highlighted under the 'Orders' section on the Dashboard.
For orders where the payment is not confirmed, we will hold the order and place the order in a ‘quarantine’ status.
Please see the PayPal articles for more details PayPal funds:
When you receive notification from PayPal that the order has been paid for, you can release the order from Quarantine in our system by going to the Order page and clicking ‘release from quarantine’.
To do so:
- From the dashboard go to "Orders --> All Orders".
- Click on the order in question.
- When it opens, click "release from quarantine" button.
In some instances, if our systems detects a change in the order status from eBay, we can automatically release the order, this will appear in the audit trail for the order.
For orders where eBay has placed the order on hold, you may see this within your My eBay portal:
Please refer to eBay's article on the matter http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/funds-availability-new
For orders where the "Requires Immediate Payment" setting has been modified / un-ticked, the customer details will be displayed within the order page in our system as "(not available)".
In this case you will need to match the eBay customer details / PayPal details and edit them within this page.
Once completed you can then release it from quarantine.
- Quarantine orders are orders that are waiting for payment to be confirmed or require immediate payment has been modified.
- Quarantine orders can be due to funds availability for new sellers.
- When you receive a notification from PayPal that the order is now paid, release the order from quarantine by clicking the ‘Release from Quarantine’ button
- Where the (not available) is displayed in the customer details screen, you will need to match up the details from eBay to process the order.
- Orders in the quarantine queue may stay there indefinitely until you release it, in some cases the system will release it but please do not rely on this method.
- Important: We are unable to check the payment status so it is the responsibility of the retailer to check that payment was successful before releasing the order.